Member of Technical Staff at Riverbed
2013 - 2015
- Architect on AppInternals Java EE WebUI (appinternals.com), an application performance monitoring tool
- Help QA develop python framework for Selenium testing
- Internal monitoring tool using amazon web services to store metrics and generate daily reports
- Create RESTful API’s using JAX-RS as part of Java EE 6
- Manage Maven, Eclipse, GWT, and Jenkins aspects of project
Software Developer at Catalist LLC
2012 - 2013
- Worked on a J2EE web application built with Tapestry that is used to create ad hoc queries against a very large database
Software Engineer at Miranda Technologies
2008 - 2012
- Web application using Google Web Toolkit, dependency injection, and MVP development practices
- J2EE server development including designing and implementing a p2p cluster
- Experience at all stages of software development from research and prototyping, collecting customer requirements, working with product managers, Agile development cycles, coordinating with SQA, product release, and post release monitoring and bug fixing
- Embedded development for 16bit NE64 cpu in C for audio/video routers
- Two medium sized Java GUI applications used to configure routers and multiple C# GUI applications
- Deployed Jenkins Continuous Integration build server cluster, created dozens of build jobs for various projects, and developed custom Jenkins plug-ins
- Designed and developed functional testing platform for running product stress tests with a browser interface, using J2EE, Smart GWT, and Jython
- Building, customizing, and maintaining a dynamic website based on the Drupal content management system
- Contributed to the Drupal open source project
Internet Service Provider at Sierra College
- Created a small business to provide Internet service to student residents. Tasks involved building a wired (Ethernet) and wireless (802.11b/g) network from scratch and providing Internet service along with tech support and account management/billing to a total of 73 students.
California State University, Chico
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Classes include Algorithms and Data Structures, Computer Architecture, OS Programming, Compiler Design, Computer Networks. GPA: 3.2, Major: 3.7
- Had a chance to architect a new project.
- TomEE, Hibernate, H2, JavaEE 6, GWT.
- Backend modules communicate by providing RESTful web services.
- BrowserMetrix (renamed to SteelCentral Web Analyzer)
- UI for constructing queries on very large dataset.
- Built with the Tapestry framework.
- Browser Application using Java EE and the Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- Using GWT-Platform MVP application platform.
- Dependency injection on server and client (Guice and Gin).
- Continuous deployment (Subversion, maven, Jenkins).
- Application provides a user interface for configuring and viewing data about hardware products.
- Photo Challenge Android Application
- Complex Android user interface using global event bus to separate front-end and back-end.
- Uses protocol buffers to communicate with server on Google App Engine.
- Reaction-time game for Google Android mobile OS.
- Multi-touch capable two player mode.
- Micro Mouse Maze Editor and Simulator
- Started as a group class project with 4 team members.
- Embedded PIC microcontroller uses software PWM to control red, green, blue, and white high power LED’s.
- USB peripheral with a row of LED’s which light up to show the CPU usage of the current system.
- Windows service application written in C# talks to hardware to display status.
- Built with Microsoft’s XNA framework.
- Runs on Windows and Xbox 360.
- Designed 16 bit processor architecture
- Instruction set with 18 instructions inspired by the MIPS architecture.
- Logic built using Logisim.
- Harvard architecture, 1 instruction per clock.
- Language interpreter for a custom Game Programming Language
- Simulated Unix file system in C++
- Part of a development team of 3.
- Peer-2-Peer network chat and file transfer application
- GUI application written in C#.
Old project details available at lukelast.com