Recipe from:Confessions of a Wannabe Baker
Crispy Baked Chicken Fingers
1/4 C. salt
1 package of chicken strips
1/4 C. flour
1 stick of butter
2 C. crushed corn flakes
Seasonings - garlic powder, season salt, pepper
- Dissolve salt in 1 qt cold water in a gallon size zip top bag.
- Add chicken and refrigerate for 30 mins. (don’t skip this step – we did the first time and it wasn’t very good)
- Dry chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place a baking rack over a cookie sheet.
- Put flour on a paper plate and add garlic powder, season salt and a pepper. (I didn’t measure – I just shook a little onto the flour)
- Melt the butter and allow to cool a little
- Crush the cornflakes and put on the other paper plates
- Dip the chicken into the flour, then the butter then coat with the corn flakes
- Place on baking rack.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until the chicken is cooked through.