If you are having trouble uncovering a personal belief, perhaps something below will help you clarify your thoughts.
Belief Statements: Do any of the following resonate with you? (Think about how you could make them “yours” and less cliche.)
Quotations: Can you connect with any of the following quotations?
1. The good or ill of a man lies within his own will. - Epictetus
2. The greatest and most important problems in life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They
can never be solved, but only outgrown. - Carl Jung
3. The greatest thing about man is his ability to transcend himself, his ancestry, and his
environment and to become what he dreams of being. - Tully C. Knoles
4. The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts... take care that you
entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature. - Marcus Aurelius
5. The life given us by nature is short, but the memory of a life well spent is eternal. - Cicero
6. The love we give away is the only love we keep. - Elbert Hubbard
7. The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether
it is the same problem you had last year. - John Foster Dulles
8. The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.
- Chinese Proverb
9. The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will
have. - Norman Vincent Peale
10. The only discipline that lasts is self-discipline. - Bum Phillips
(borrowed from www.thisibelieve.org)