Threads are the next lower level of hierarchy in a discussion board, considered sub-topics and conversations within a forum. Each forum can have multiple threads, which grow as users reply to the initial, and subsequent, posts.
To author an original post, or thread, in the discussion board:
1. Video Everywhere: Record and embed a Youtube video without leaving Blackboard.
2. Attach file: Attach and upload typical file types, such as images, text documents, and powerpoint presentations.
3. Attach image: Embed an image directly into the body of your text.
3. Embed multimedia content: Embed and stream audio and video files. Users may need to install Windows Media Player or Quicktime to view or listen to your file.
5. Math editor: Add formulas and equations to your post.
7. Mashups: Embed Flickr, Youtube, and Slideshare content.
7. When your message is completed, click Submit to post your thread. If you need to save an incomplete thread before posting, click the Save Draft button.
Depending on your settings, you may not initially see your saved draft listed within the discussion board forum. To recover, edit, and post your draft: