* 2 cups plain soy milk
* 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
* 2 cups cornmeal
* 1 cup corn flour, or masa harina, or all-purpose flour (I've notice that corn flour or masa harina gives the corn bread a stronger corn taste than just adding plain flour)
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/3 cup oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of the cast iron pan and place it in the oven to warm while the oven preheats, then proceed to prepare corn bread.
2. Combine the soy milk and vinegar in a measuring cup and set aside to curdle as you prepare everything else.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Create a well in the center and add the soy milk mixture and oil. Use a wooden spoon to mix together until just combined; some lumps are okay.
4. Pour the batter into prepared cast-iron skillet. Bake for 30 to 32 minutes, until a toothpick or butter knife inserted through the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool just a bit before serving.