Grilled Zucchini Greek Salad
- 2 small to medium zucchini and/or squash (using both gives color variety to the dish)
- 2-4 medium summer tomatoes, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, cut in half or roughly chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp. Greek seasoning (for a substitute for Greek seasoning, use 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, dried marjoram, garlic powder, lemon-pepper seasoning, ground mustard and salt; makes 1 tbsp. -- from Samnjam)
- vinaigrette dressing
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to high.
- Cut ends off zucchini/squash and cut into quarters lengthwise (or cut into 3/4 - 1 inch slices).
- Lightly brush all sides of veggies with olive oil and sprinkle with Greek seasoning.
- Place on hot grill and cook about 3 minutes or until beginning to soften. Turn, brush with vinaigrette dressing, and cook 2-3 minutes more. Veggies should be slightly firm when you remove them from the grill.
- Slice grilled zucchini/squash into 1-inch pieces. Add tomatoes and olives. If needed, add more dressing.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, season with ground pepper, and serve.
Yield: 2 persons if serving as the main dish
PRINTED FROM Scrumptious and Sumptuous