- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and flour. Add beer and continue to mix, first using a wooden spoon, then your hands. Batter will be very sticky. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of butter over the bread before baking. Bake in preheated oven for 50 for 60 minutes. The top will be crunchy, and the insides will be soft.
Note: add a handful of cheese to make a cheesy beer bread. You can also make this using any carbonated beverage.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com