SCCT PRODUCTION STAFF
This position reports to the Director. All production/artistic staff positions ultimately report to the producers. In the event of irresolvable disputes among the production/artistic staff, the decision of the Producers shall be final.
- Operate the sound console to switch between microphones or adjust levels among the microphones to achieve the right effect and to ensure quality sound during all technical rehearsals, dress rehearsal and performances.
- Prepare a sound plot with cues for when each is to be played during the show.
- Obtain, or record and edit, suitable sound effects and background music. Present all sound to the producers and director at production meetings.
- Fit the microphones before each performance and instruct the performers on their proper use.
- Attend production meetings.
- Attend all technical and dress rehearsals.
- Must possess strong background in the operation of sound equipment for live theatre performance.
- Must possess strong oral communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented, community theatre environment composed of volunteers and professionals of varying ages and levels of talent.
- Must have or be willing to apply for Act 33 (Pennsylvania Child Abuse History) and Act 34 (Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Check) clearances.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are age 21 or older.
- The Sound Technician is expected to enforce and follow the rules and regulations established by the Board of Directors as well as to promote the educational mission of SCCT.
- An honorarium of $200 will be paid to the Sound Technician on closing night.
- If, for any reason, the Sound Technician cannot complete the duties of the position, the honorarium may be forfeited or reduced at the discretion of the Producers in consultation with the Board of Directors.