Choose 2 poets or songwriters to analyze and compare. Each poet should have at least 10 poems/songs with significant/meaningful words. You will write an essay comparing both poets including literary analysis, historical/biographical context, and our vocabulary.
- What parts of the authors' lives would help us better understand their work?
- Choose 3 distinct words from each poet. Explain why each author used each of those particular words and not a synonym. Explain how their diction is similar and different from each other.
- What do your poet’s metaphors, similes, or personifications mean? Explain in great detail. Explain how their figurative language is similar and different from each other.
- Give 3 examples of each author’s use of alliteration, couplets, slant rhyme and/or internal rhyme.
- Explain 2 conflicts from each author (Man vs. Man, Self, Society, Nature).
- Explain 2 different tones from each poet.
- Explain 2 themes from each author. Explain how their themes are similar and different from each other.
- Evaluate both poets on a scale of A to F. Overall, why is one poet better than the other?
- Throughout your essay, you must include 10 of our vocabulary words. Be sure to underline them.