Announcements occupy the main frame upon entry to a course site and they are used to post timely information critical to course success, such as assignment due dates, changes to syllabus, corrections/clarifications of materials, or exam schedules. When adding an announcement, you can also send an email notification to students in the course. This ensures that students learn about the availability of a new announcement even if they do not log in to the course.
To create an Announcement:
1. Enter your course and click on Announcements on the left menu.
2. Click on the Create Announcement button.
3. Provide a Subject and Message.
4. Set the Duration.
5. Select the Send a copy of this announcement immediately check box to send students an email containing the announcement. The email will be sent to all students, even those who choose not to receive announcement notifications through email.
6. Optionally, link to a course area, tool, or item using the Browse button.
7. Click Submit
To reorder Announcements
1. Click the up and down arrows to the left of your announcement.
2. Drag the announcement to its new position.
To edit Announcements
1. Click Edit from the contextual menu of the announcement you want to edit.
2. Make your changes and Submit.
To delete Announcements
1. Click Delete from the contextual menu of the announcement.
2. Confirm the deletion. This action is final and cannot be undone