The 19th Annual Francelia Butler Conference
- Entries MUST include both this form and a signed Check-Off List.
- Submissions do not have to be work done at Hollins, but must have been written no earlier than June of 2012.
- You may submit only one piece of work to each of the two categories, Creative and Critical. Papers that were read at last summer’s conference, papers that have been published, or critical papers that have been read at an academic conference are not accepted. You may submit work that was submitted (but not read) last summer if it has been revised.
- All papers should be no longer than 3500 words. You should include your works cited page with your submission, but it does not count towards your word limit. Papers should follow MLA format: 12pt Times New Roman font, double-spaced pages, and 1-inch margins. Pages should also be numbered in the top right corner (1 of X, 2 of X, etc.).
- Please do not include your name on the actual submission. Fill out the information at the bottom of this sheet and include it as a cover page to your work. Also include the Check-Off List with each submission.
- Do not staple pages; please use paper clips.
- The deadline for all submissions is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 12th. There is a labeled drop-off box for conference submissions inside Swannanoa. (We will contact you by 8:00 p.m. if there is a problem with your submission, such as missing pages. You will have limited time to make corrections in this event, so please check your e-mail!)
Thank You, and Good Luck!
Name of Writer: ________________________________________________________________________
Writer’s Email Address: ________________________________________________________________________
Writer’s Phone Number: ________________________________________________________________________
Submission Title: ________________________________________________________________________
Year Written (circle): 2012 2013 Class/Professor (if applicable): ________________________________________________________________________
Type of Submission (circle one):
Critical Creative: Fiction Creative: Nonfiction Creative: Poetry
(including picture books
or graphic novel excerpts)
FOR CONFERENCE USE ONLY: