1. Measure cereal and set aside
2. Melt chocolate, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla in the microwave or in a pan over low/medium low heat.
3. Add chex and stir until completely coated.
4. Pour ½ of powdered sugar into a bag, add cereal mix, and top with remaining powdered sugar. Seal bag and shake shake shake until it’s thoroughly coated. Spread on baking sheet to cool.
* I’ve made this with rice chex, corn chex, and even chocolate chex - all are delicious.
* Just like rice krispies - I feel like they end up a little dry if you use all of the cereal called for, so I usually cut back by about a cup.
* The best way that I’ve found to shake these (maybe it’s because it’s how I’ve been doing it since junior high) is to dump it all in a paper bag, fold over the top, and go outside to give it a good shake. You may end up covered in a bit of powdered sugar yourself, though. :)