- Newsroom Manager: Each team will have one newsroom manager. This position will be responsible for learning every job that is required to make any broadcast successful. Newsroom managers must be on time every morning at 8am. They will work closely with the VNN sponsor to solve problems that arise during the broadcast.They should also expect to be on screen with anchors when needed.
- Anchor: The anchors are responsible for reading the script live for the cameras. These students must be great readers with outgoing personalities. They should be able to think quickly in situations that arise where they might have to ad-lib.
BEHIND THE SCENES:
- Camera Operator: These students learn to operate the video cameras & troubleshoot live broadcast situations immediately.
- Video Mixer: This is probably one of the most complicated piece of equipment & one of the most demanding jobs on the team. It requires a lot of focus & concentration. The video mixer puts the correct images on the TV screen as the show is being broadcasted.
- Sound Technician: This crew member operates an audio board. They must think quickly on their feet in order to switch on & off the correct microphones & sound sources.
- Computer Graphics: This position operates the computers during the broadcast. Weather maps are drawn up, slide shows are presented & videos are presented during the broadcast. Powerpoint knowledge & ability to find information on the internet is a plus for this team member.
- Script Coordinator: This person distributes hard copies of the script every morning. They review the script to ensure that there are no typographical errors, make sure the script is large enough to see from the desk, & ensure that the cues are color coded correctly. This person also rolls the teleprompter as the broadcast is being done.
- Video Editor-This crew member operates the graphics and the special features on the free standing video editor.
The Vogel News Network is a year long commitment. There will be two full teams put together & students will be responsible for the live news broadcast every other day.
RED TEAM is Monday & Wednesdays.
BLUE TEAM is Tuesdays & Thursdays.
Fridays alternate between the two teams.
Students chosen to be part of the news team must be at school in his or her broadcast day no later than 8:15 am.
There will be a mandatory parent/guardian meeting on May 7th. You may choose from two times, 8 am or 5:30 pm. A parent/guardian must attend one of these meetings in order for the student to be considered for a part in VNN.
We want this team to be the very best & we know that Vogel has many students that can help continue to make this the best news team in CISD. If your child is interested in one or more of the jobs listed, please fill out the application provided in the link on the Vogel Home Page. All applications are due by 3:30 PM on Friday, April 20, 2012. As with broadcast deadlines, meeting this deadline is very important.