From: Christina Blessinger
- ½ pound sliced bacon, cut into pieces
- ½ medium sweet onion, chopped
- 7 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- In skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish (or two 8x8” dishes).
- To freeze: Cover with plastic wrap and foil, and freeze for up to three months.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until set and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. This is a brunch-time favorite of ours. It tastes great with salsa on top, and you can substitute sausage or ham for the bacon. :)
***If casserole is frozen: thaw in refrigerator overnight. Follow baking directions above.
If casserole is in 8x8” pan, thaw in refrigerator, and bake for 30 minutes. (I usually just
bake, and keep checking it until the top of the casserole turns a light brown color.)