.3. Stay Safe Online - 1st Year/Year 7 (6/7 lessons)
- To understand the importance of acting appropriately online
- To learn how to protect yourself online
- To learn the age of criminal responsibility
- To learn what an interactive kiosk is
- An interactive kiosk
- An evaluation using feedback from your peers
- Access the what can go wrong section in the 11-16 part of the site
- Make notes on Social Networking and Cyberbullying sections
- Choose 2 other sections from the menu on the left
- Research should be detailed and contain advice on how young people can protect themselves online
- Create an interactive Kiosk using PowerPoint or another application of your choice. Use the skills you have learnt in lessons.
- It is aimed at 11-13 year olds
- Have a main menu
- Enable user to navigate using buttons
- Will offer young people advice on staying safe online,
- Include details of who young people can get in touch with if they need confidential advice
- Ask your friends what they think of your kiosk
- Fully evaluate your work using your own opinion and feedback
- What do your friends think?
- What do you like about your kiosk?
- What don’t you like about it?
- What would you do to improve?
Click below for the presentation used in class:
Staying Safe Online