CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
“Northern Exposure Photo Contest”
from September 20th to September 30th at NOON
*PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY THE FOLLOWING RULES & REGULATIONS
BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PHOTO
1. TO ENTER
To enter the Northern Exposure Photo Contest, you must submit a picture taken in northern British Columbia. All submitted pictures will be featured in a photo gallery on Daybreak North’s website, and be displayed at CBC Prince George’s open house on October 1. Contestants should submit a digital version of the photo to email@example.com with their full name, name of photo and full postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
By submitting a photo to the contest it is assumed that you have read to and agree to contest rules and regulations.
Contestants must have their entry arrive before September 30 at NOON, along with their full name, full postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number, and a statement that you have read and agreed to the contest rules and regulations.
Entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries will be displayed online at http://cbc.ca/daybreaknorth and in the CBC Prince George office.
By submitting a photo you are acknowledging acceptance of all the rules and
regulations stated on this document.
Photo must be received by September 30th, 2011 at noon PST.
Photocopies of entry forms and other mechanical reproductions will be rejected; handdrawn
facsimiles will be accepted. Limit of one entry per person per day to a maximum of five entries.
Pictures become the property of CBC and will not be returned to contestants.
By submitting an entry, contestants assign all rights and waive any moral rights they may
have with the content of the photo. Contestants acknowledge that CBC may publish the
picture in whole or in part, on any medium (radio, television, Internet or other).
Contestants may have their pictures displayed at the Prince George or Prince Rupert CBC stations.
Contest is open to all Canadian residents of all ages. If contestant is under the age of 19, a waiver form must be signed by parent of guardian.
Employees of CBC, and their affiliates, as well as their immediate family (father/mother, brother/sister, son/daughter) or persons living under the same roof are not eligible to enter this contest.
3. PROCEDURE FOR AWARDING PRIZES
1. Contestants are asked to submit a picture of a spot in northern British Columbia. Pictures can be in black & white or colour.
2. Contestants should submit a digital version of the photo to email@example.com with name of picture, full name, postal address, phone number and email address.
3. All submitted pictures will be displayed on an online photo gallery, on the Daybreak North page.
4. Winning pictures will be selected by a panel of judges including CBC Personalities and community members.
5. Winning pictures will be judged based on artistic merit and representation of northern British Columbia.
6. A “People’s Choice” award will be considered when choosing winners, but will not be the sole determining factor for winners.
7. Winners will be contacted by telephone or by email. Winners will have their pictures printed by the CBC to be displayed in CBC Prince George station.
4. DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE(S)
1. The winning 3 pictures will be enlarged and displayed in CBC Prince George office.
Contestants will have their pictures displayed in the CBC Prince George office during the Open House on October 1st, 2011.
2. The top 3 winners will receive a Daybreak North mug.
5. GENERAL RULES
1. To be declared a winner, the contestant must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question.
2. Winners, as well as the people accompanying them, or their parents or guardians if the winners and/or the people accompanying them are minors, shall agree, if necessary, to have their name and/or picture, including their photograph, and/or their voices used for advertising purposes related to this contest, free of charge.
3. Winners, or their parents or guardians if they are minors, shall sign a document attesting to their eligibility as stipulated in these rules and releasing CBC, their affiliates, as well as their respective directors, officers and employees, from all liability for any damage or loss arising from participation in this contest or from the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize.
4. The prize shall be accepted as is and may not be exchanged for an amount of money, nor sold nor transferred. No substitutions will be allowed.
5. If the prize cannot be awarded as described in these rules, CBC, their affiliates, as well as their respective directors, officers and employees, reserve the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable value.
6. Refusal to accept the prize releases CBC, their affiliates, as well as their respective directors, officers and employees, of any obligation toward the winner.
7. Should winners make any false statement, they shall be automatically disqualified from the contest.
8. CBC, their affiliates, as well as their respective directors, officers and employees, shall assume no liability resulting from losses, delays, mistaken addresses on mail or email received, typographical errors, technical, computer or telephone malfunctions, loss or theft of computer or telephone data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls or any other mistake.
9. CBC, their affiliates, as well as their respective directors, officers and employees, shall assume no liability whatsoever for any situation in which their inability to act results from an event or situation beyond their control, including a strike, lockout or any other labour dispute at their location or the locations of the organizations and businesses whose services are used to hold this contest
10. All personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and age is collected solely for the purposes of administering this contest and shall not be used for any other purpose without your consent. By providing this information, you consent to it being used for the stated purposes.
11. By entering, contestants agree to abide by the contest rules which shall be applied by the CBC. All its decisions are final.
12. Contest rules are available at CBC Prince George and: www.cbc.ca/daybreaknorth/
September 20, 2011
CANADIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION
*SUBMISSION OF YOUR PHOTO ASSUMES YOU HAVE ACKNOWLDEGED
AND AGREED TO ALL OF RULES & REGULATIONS STATED ON THIS