Sesame Studded Onion Bread
1 cup diced white onion
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. coriander
1/2 tsp. sea salt
4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 cup sorghum flour
1/3 cup potato starch
1/4 cup roasted sesame seeds
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. flax seed meal
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup water + 3 Tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the onions, cumin, coriander, sea salt, and 2 Tbsp. of olive oil in a small casserole dish. Toss the spices and oil to coat the onions. Put aluminum foil over the dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- While your onions are baking, in a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sesame seeds, baking soda, baking powder, and xanthan gum.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flax seed meal and 3 Tbsp. of water. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes.
- Whisk the remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, coconut milk, and 1/2 cup of water into the flax seed mixture.
- With a fork, stir the wet ingredients into the dry until well combined.
- Once the onions are done baking, stir them (and any oil in the dish) into the bread mixture.
- Pour into two greased mini-loaf pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Slice and enjoy hot from the oven or toasted the next day. Refrigerate leftovers.
Find the original recipe at The Daily Dietribe.