JOB DESCRIPTION: Data Specialist, SAC MultiQuant (New York)
- SAC's Multiquant group is looking for a Market Data Specialist to join the team responsible for the timely delivery of comprehensive and error-free data to our systematic portfolio managers.
- This individual will be a member of a small team, and will play a vital role to ensure the smooth day-to-day implementation of a large research infrastructure, and live trading of billions of dollars of capital across multiple markets.
- The Data Specialist will exposure to a wide array of software and infrastructure technologies, and a wide range of different types of data relevant to the successful systematic trading of equities, futures, options and other financial instruments.
· Monitoring and enhancing the automated data collection and cleansing infrastructure
· Searching for and correcting errors in existing historic datasets, and software development to automate this process
· Working closely with portfolio managers, IT and Trading Operations
· Research on new technologies for improved data management and efficient retrieval.
· Development of software solutions to process historical tick data into manageable formats
· 3-5 years of experience in a data management or software development role
· In depth understanding of relational database concepts.
· Programming skills in SQL, TSQL, SQL Server PL-SQ
· Programming skills in C#, C++, Java, Perl, Python,Unix Shell
· Strong understanding of computer science concepts
· Experience dealing with intraday, tick and order book data would be an advantage
· Strong oral and written communication skill
· Degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or a related field.
SAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SAC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. SAC complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org