Chai Tea Rice
5 cups water (Tea may boil down)
5 chai tea bags (I used Celestial Sweet Coconut Thai)
2 cups jasmine rice(or regular white rice)
1 medium purple onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed
4 green onion tops, chopped
½ cup coconut milk
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
1. In a pot bring water and tea bags to a boil.
2. In a separate pot over medium heat add oil and rice until rice is toasted.
3. Add both onions and garlic until softened. (Add more oil if needed)
4. Add 4 cups of tea, coconut milk, salt, and red pepper flakes.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
*Variation- Once rice is cooked, fold in 4 oz. of Philadelphia's Pineapple Cream Cheese spread. Its to die for!!