RICK MARCOTTE CENTRAL SCHOOL
PTO Meeting Minutes –5/11/11 (6:30-8:00 pm Art Room)
- President’s/Vice President’s Report Sheri Hill
Sheri shared thank you note from Cindy Tomaino for the activity tunnel.
- Treasurer's Report - Lee Jackson – including Spring Fair update
- Retained earnings remain at $22676.13
- The check books balance in the 501c3 account is $20,000.
- The check books balance in the previous account is $5,021. This account will be closed and the money transferred to the 501c3 account.
Pending District Issues
- PO #1962 $880 for a portable CD recorder – The District will issue a check to the RMCS PTO for $280, the difference between the actual cost and what the PTO paid. $600 was the actual cost.
- Summer library coverage – PTO approved $400 in February, 2011; Sue Luck indicated the District would pay the person and the PTO would make a donation to the District.
Pending Issues (not District related)
- $50 for garden supplies for 2nd grade – will reimburse Mrs. K when request received.
Paid this year for last year:
- $2302.14 – 11/09 technology
- $850 principal’s discretionary
- $650 music EQ
Forecasted loss for the year is ~ 12K, which includes the expenses incurred last school year and paid this school year, totaling $3,802. This would decrease retained earnings for 2011-2012 to 11K, which is where we want to be each year. We expected to break even at the beginning of the school year; however, the a/v equipment expenditure for assemblies was $6K over budget, Spring Fair was about $2K under budget in income, plus the almost $4K in last year’s expenditures that came out of this year, represent the majority of the shortfall.
-Spring Fair: still don't about know about Silent Auction yet.
-Funds to recognize our teacher who is leaving at the end of the year to go to Orchard.
-Playground funds to be spent? 20K of grant funding – to be spent- outdoor classroom to be mostly funded by PTO, probably. Accessibility components to be done this summer or the money goes away. Martin confident that money can be spent this summer. In addition to outdoor classroom, there are items like the sign, additional picnic tables, trash cans and recycling.
Update on Box Tops:
Half the classes have met their goals so far- 2 more are close. Suggestion from Maureen to raise awareness about the program, clean up the counting process for next year. We still came in close to where we were last year. Popsicles will be delivered to classes that met their goal, 5th grade will get their pizza party.
- Secretary's Report - Amy Truchon
- April meeting minute acceptance (review meeting minutes on the PTO web site: http://central.sbschools.net/pto/)
- Amy to move over PTO web site so we do not need to access the district server for updates.
- Motion made, seconded, all approved April Minutes
- Principal’s Report – Sue Luck (not present)
- Faculty Report & Requests– Maureen Caruso
- Flowers and Terri's garden flowers under sign in front – among a lot of other things-are very much appreciated. Staff Appreciation Day very much appreciated.
- Teacher request for 2nd grade play- $150- a suggestion that next year this item is its own line item- so it doesn't have to be its own vote. Approved unanimously.
- Business/Upcoming May/June Events
- Summer Picnic – June 2nd
- Sue has posted times for picnics in her last letter.
- Field Days June 10th -16th
- PTO Coffee Hour: June 17th in cafeteria before the final assembly
- Vote on Officers for 2011/2012
- Kurt Liebegott for Treasurer's Position and Susan Sobczak for VP. Amy Truchon to remain for another year as secretary and Annette Harton will become President.
- Vote on Fundraising for 2011/2012
- Charleston Wraps projected $3,500 Sheri H.will run this next year.
- Vendor Fair- Kristin M. and Cindy R. projected $750.
- Barnes and Noble $500 projected; Darlene L. will chair again.
- 1 Movie Night ($500)
- Art Works for Education- Jan./ Feb time frame estimated $1,000 (40% of profit). Suggestion to lower this estimate; it seems high for 190 packs of cards.
- Spring Fair $10,100 in 2010/ $9,100 in 2011 with Silent Auction items still to come in. Estimated between 9-10K for next year.
- Community Based Fundraising- $250 , Box Tops , Pictures, Direct Donations, Logo Items will continue.
- Will move forward with these ideas. Board will discuss and adjust projections as needed as budget is prepared for next year.
Open Committee Chairperson Positions for 2011/2012
- Assemblies, Community Fundraising, Field Days, Fundraising Research, Green Team, Picnic, Thanksgiving Lunch
- Spring Fair Jen McGrath – Silent Auction Lisa I. - Lori Berliner will help again with this.
- BoxTops Lori B., Scholastic Book Fair- Margie V.
- Artworks for Education: Melissa Baker will try and recruit a 1st grade parent who then might do the Original Works
Next Meeting in September. Stay tuned for 2011-2012 meeting schedule.