Oxfam Action Corps NYC
August 10, 2011 Minutes-At-A-Glance
Our next meeting will be Wednesday, September 14th, 7pm at the David Rubenstein Atrium between 62nd and 63rd Streets. We hope to see you there!
July 27, 2011 Minutes-At-A-Glance
1. Intro/Icebreaker - We each said where we live and a favorite quintessential New York summer activity:
2. Lobby Visits
a. Recap of Visits with Staffers for Reps. Ed Towns, Eliot Engel, and Charlie Rangel
b. Upcoming Visits
4. Science of Biofuels - For more info: http://bit.ly/ocemlh
5. World Food Day in October - If you are interested in helping plan this event, please plan to stay around after our next meeting (which ends at 8 pm).
6. Upcoming Events
a. Buddhist Relief Walk (Arielle) - Sat., Sept. 10, Riverside Park
b. Farmers Markets
d. Sept 25 Retreat (Avi) - This will fall on a Sunday, and be from 12-6 pm.
e. Climate Refugees screening, Friday, July 29 at 6:30. Hotel, 2 Avenue of the Americas, between White and Walker Streets. Costs $15 and requires a reservation. CLICK HERE TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION ONLINE.
Questions? Please call (212) 907-1353 or e-mail email@example.com
f. IYC at the UN on August 3
Our next meeting is August 10, 7pm at the David Rubenstein Atrium between 62nd and 63rd
July 13, 2011 Minutes-At-A-Glance
1. Icebreaker - What was your first CD?
2. Retreat Recap - Fun for all, blogs and pics coming soon
3. "Farmageddon" Film Review - Go see it!
4. Upcoming Concerts - Dave Matthews Band anyone?
5. Biofuels: Practicing Messaging
6. August Lobby Visit
7. Greenmarket Presence
8. World Food Day, October 16
9. September 25 NYC Retreat
*Next meeting - Wednesday, July 27, 7PM David Rubenstein Atrium
June 28, 2011 Minutes-At-A-Glance
*Next meeting - Wednesday, July 13, 7PM David Rubenstein Atrium
1. June 1st Food Justice Campaign Launch - Table for 9 Billion - 12 - 8pm, Union Square
Share our Facebook event with your friends - https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=218606718166936
On Twitter, please use the hashtab #tablefor9bill and tag us @OxfamActionNYC
Want to volunteer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Oxfam America Benefit: Under the Elephant and Ace Reporter - June 6, doors at 7:30
Email us if you’d like to volunteer!
Please feel free to share the event on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=143512825721094) and Twitter (@OxfamActionNYC #OxfamActionMusicNYC)
3. Other Concerts and Music News
Oxfam America and the New Pornographers won an Emmy! Read more at http://www.thenewpornographers.com/newsA/news.php?go=newslist&cat=latest
4. Summer Retreat, July 8 - 10, Manchester, VT
5. New Volunteer Day/Orientation
6. Upcoming Meetings
Our next meeting will be June 14, 7-8pm at the David Rubenstein Atrium between 62nd and 63rd Street
7. Other Items of Interest
1. Quick update on Washington, DC Oxfam Action Corps organizers training and intro of new co-leaders, Nicole and Arielle
2. New Food Justice Campaign Launch Part 1: June 1
“Table for 9 Billion” - set up a dining table in an unusual place in order to educate people about food justice, international development, and the Oxfam Action Corps.
3. New Food Justice Campaign Launch Part 2: Awareness Concert (June 6, Union Hall, Brooklyn)
Write 2 letters to your Senators and get in for free!
4. Macy’s Hunger Banquet 2012
Macy’s wants to do a Hunger Banquet in 2012 - planning to start now!
5. Oxfam Action Corps NYC Retreat (July 8-10) - Location TBD
Join the Oxfam Action Corps NYC for an overnight retreat to learn more about Oxfam and our campaigns and to have fun with volunteers!
5. New Volunteer Meeting
Planning for a meeting aimed specifically at new volunteers.
Next meeting: Tuesday, May 24, same place and time (7 to 8 pm, David Rubenstein public atrium on the west side of Broadway between 62nd and 63rd St.)
Interested in volunteering or learning more about the Oxfam Action Corps?
Email us at email@example.com