Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt*
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks), softened*
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup extra-crunchy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts, ground in food processor to resemble bread crumbs, about 14 pulses
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes, stopping to scrape down bowl as necessary. Beat in peanut butter until fully incorporated, then eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Gently stir dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture. Add ground peanuts; stir gently until just incorporated.
- Roll two tablespoons of dough into a ball and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing cookies 2 inches apart. Dip a dinner fork in cold water and make crisscross design. Bake until cookies are puffed and slightly brown along edges, but not top, 10 to 12 minutes (they will not look fully baked). Cool cookies on cookie sheet until set, about 4 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Yields: 3 dozen cookies
Note: * If using unsalted butter, increase salt to 1 teaspoon.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com