Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms and Mascarpone
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup dried porcini mushrooms (about 1 ounce)
- 1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) mascarpone cheese
- Combine 2 cups boiling water and mushrooms; let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain through a colander over a bowl. Reserve 1 1/2 cups soaking liquid; chop mushrooms.
- Bring reserved soaking liquid and broth to a simmer in a small saucepan (do not boil). Keep broth mixture warm over low heat.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add rice, shallots, and garlic to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Add wine; cook until liquid evaporates (about 2 minutes).
- Add 1 cup broth mixture to rice mixture; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring occasionally. Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring occasionally until each portion of broth mixture is absorbed before adding the next (about 6 minutes between each addition/ or about 25 minutes total). Add mushrooms, Parmigiano-Reggiano, thyme, salt, and pepper; stir gently just until cheese melt. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese. Serve warm.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com