Betty's Gluten Free French Toast Casserole
Free of gluten, dairy, and soy
Adapted by Carrie & Betty from a recipe by Paula Deen
Published on Gingerlemongirl.com 8/17/2010
7 cups cubed gluten free bread (I used 3/4 of a loaf of Maple Oat Bread)
2 cups non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons ghee -or- coconut oil
**3 tablespoons granulated sugar -or- coconut sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, or chopped fruit of your choice -- rinsed & dried (optional)
- Place bread cubes into a greased 9"x13" casserole dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together: milk, vanilla flavoring, eggs, maple syrup, and salt.
- Pour egg/milk mixture over the bread cubes. Cover casserole dish and place in fridge overnight.
- Remove casserole from fridge 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together ghee (or coconut oil), sugar, and cinnamon. Evenly sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- If desired, sprinkle fresh blueberries or other fruit over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the top of the casserole is golden brown & crispy.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup!
All Rights Reserved. COPYRIGHT © 2010 Gingerlemongirl.com
Do not republish without permission from Carrie Forbes @ firstname.lastname@example.org