3 bis rue Pasteur, 93330 Neuilly sur Marne, France
email@example.com / http://nicolas.hognon.com/
Lead Software Engineer
› Professional Experience
January 2016 – Present (Senior Gameplay Developer) : Novaquark – Paris, France
Novaquark is developing the next generation of MMO games, and new revolutionary technologies for massively parallel online experiences.
Technologies : Microsoft Visual C++ / Unigine / 3D / Animation / Character / Camera / Dead Reckoning
January 2012 – January 2016 (Lead Software Engineer) : ePawn – Paris, France
ePawn provides an affordable solution to integrate real-world objects into video games. I manage the development of our SDK (iOS/Windows/Android). I also develop POC and applications using ePawn technologies (mainly under iOS and Windows). Videos showing ePawn technology are available here.
Technologies : Microsoft Visual C++/GCC/XCode, SVN, iOS, Android SKD/NDK, Cocos2d/Cocos2d-x, Unity3D, TCP/IP, USB
March 2008 – December 2011 (R&D Project Manager) : Total Immersion – Suresnes, France
- Manage deployment team and organize development environment for the R&D team.
- Multiplatform development : Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, Web plugin, Flash.
July 2000 – February 2008 (Senior Software Engineer) : Virtools – Paris, France
- Since January 2006 : Project Manager of Virtools 4 software suite and lead web developer
- Design and development of next generation technology of Virtools.
- Multiplatform low level libraries (system, network, operating system)
- libraries and tools to establish communication between authoring and runtimes tools.
- Developer on Virtools Web Player
- ActiveX and Firefox plug-in (Windows and Mac OS X)
- In charge of the oline architecture used to deploy, maintain and update the web player (using Akamaï EdgeSuite Delivery).
- Design and Development of Virtools Behavioral Server : data download/upload, data base access through ODBC and multiuser protocol (distributed objects and dead reckoning).
October 1999 – June 2000 (Software Engineer) : Pacte Novation – Issy les Moulineaux, France
- Development of an application using C++, Ilog Views et Ilog Server. I worked on the server of a supervision system for the subway of Hong Kong. Project for SMS CSEE Transport.
- Port an application made with C, FORTRAN and Open Interface to C++ and Ilog Views. I worked on the GUI part of the application. CCL is used to calculate parameters of plan reactor. Project for CCL SNECMA.
April 1999 – September 1999 (Internship) : Virtools – Paris, France
Development of a multiuser API used for 3d real time applications (TCP/IP, Dead Reckoning, Multicast).
› Computer Skills
- Carbon/Cocoa/UIKit, Win32/MFC, POSIX, TCP/IP, HTTP, Android SDK/NDK, Unity3D, Unigine.
- Microsoft Visual C++ , GCC, SVN/GIT, Makefile/CMake, Doxygen and standard GNU/Unix tools.
- Development and basic system administration under Microsoft Windows, Linux and Apple Mac OS X.
- French : mother tongue
- English : daily read and written at work, average speaking.
1993 – 1999 DESS in Computer Science (Université de Marne la Vallée)
- hackathon / game jam : Music Hack Paris (04/2012), “HackDay Paris Connected TV” (10/2012), Jamshaker #3 / #6, Global Game Jam 2014/2015/2016, Ludum Dare #29.
- Reading (Novels and cartoons (European and manga)), Photo and (live) music.