3. Programming: Raspberry Pi and Python - 3rd Year/Year 9 (5 lessons)
- To Learn about the Raspberry Pi, how to set it up and how to use it
- To learn the programming fundamentals of Python
- Python Syntax and the console
- Data Types
- To be able to understand Python code
- To be able to write code and solve predetermined problems
- A multiple choice test
- In a group set up the Raspberry and attach all the peripherals
- Did you enjoy setting it up and making it work?
- Do you understand what you can do with it?
- Why do you think it costs so little to produce?
- Would you get one for home?
- Using An Introduction to Python by Mark Clarkson, work through the booklet
- Help those around you
- Talk and discuss what you are learning with your friends and teacher
- Try working through some of the problems at the back of the booklet
- Evaluate your work
- Did you enjoy programming?
- Explain your answer
- Are there any other languages you would like to learn?
- How would you change the way you worked?
- Anything else you would like to say about this project?
Click below for the presentation used in class:
Programming: Raspberry Pi and Python