r/edmproduction etiquette guide
- Check your arrogance at the door. Nobody cares how awesome you are. Self-gloating or other wankery will not be tolerated.
- This community is about HELPING you and everyone else progress their production skills. A certain amount of give and take is to be expected, and if you never help others and only yourself you will most likely find no one responding to your posts.
- Useless flame wars will not be tolerated.
- No discussion of piracy whatsoever. There are plenty of other places on the internet where you can do so. This is not one of them.
- No gear threads. This includes topics such as “Check out this new synth I got!” or “Look at my new finished studio!”. Asking which gear to purchase is also not allowed; there are other places on the internet you can do this (gearslutz). Threads in which you want to discuss how to use a hardware instrument or effects unit are allowed.
Thread Submission Rules:
- If you are asking a question, use the search bar first to check if it has been answered.
- DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR OWN MUSIC. If you need feedback, use the weekly feedback thread.
- Use the weekly “How Do I Make This Sound?” thread when poised with a question on sound design. Threads submitted to the front page on this topic will be removed.
- Make the title descriptive. "I need some help" is NOT a good title. "I need some help creating this sort of drum pattern" is good.
- If you submit a question that has already been answered in the sidebar, it will be removed.
- Spam (advertising your soundcloud page/latest song/upcoming dj gig etc.) will be removed.
Feedback Thread Usage:
- Make an effort to comment on other people's tracks. By doing so, you will find that others will be more likely to help you with your tracks.
- Be specific when asking for help. Examples of specific questions: "What do you think about this kick sample?" "How's this mix?" "I need some help on this melody, the last measure comes off a little cheesy, any ideas?" etc.
- Be descriptive when giving feedback. Use timecodes to highlight certain parts.
Messaging The Moderators:
- If you think your post has been caught in the spam filter, include the link in the body of the message. We will not sort through your post history just to find it.