Crockpot Roast with Potatoes
3-4 lb roast
1 onion sliced
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 C beef broth
4 med-large potatoes, cut into large pieces
1. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Using tongs brown the roast on all sides until dark golden brown (almost burnt)
2. Slice the onion. Place 1/2 the slices on the bottom of your crockpot.
3. Add the seared roast and sprinkle with seasonings.
4. Add potatoes and remaining onions and pour over the broth.
5. Cover the crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4.
6. Next remove the roast from the crockpot (leave the potatoes in to stay warm until you are ready to serve them) to a plate and pour some of the remaining sauce over the roast and allow to sit for at least 10-15 minutes. I always worried about this because I HATE cold food, but it really makes a difference. The roast has a chance to cool enough to hold the moisture in, instead of it all escaping as steam when you cut it. When you serve it, pour some more of the remaining broth over it and enjoy!