Carrot Cake Cupcakes with a Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
From the Kitchen of: Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
* 2 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
* 1 1/4 tsp. of Baking Powder
* 1 tsp. of Baking Soda
* 2 1/2 tsp. of Ground Cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp. of salt
* 1 lb of Carrots
* 1 1/2 cups of Granulated Sugar
* 1/2 cup of Granulated Light Brown Sugar
* 4 Eggs
* 1 1/2 cup of Vegetable Oil
* Optional Ingredients: Golden Raisins and Chopped Walnuts
* Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees
* First Prepare the Carrots by: Peeling the Carrots and then finely shredding or grating them in a food processor on the shred setting. If you do not have a food processor then just grate them with a grater (It will take much longer that way!).
* Transfer carrots to a bowl and set aside.
* In a large bowl sift together the Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, and Cinnamon.
* Fold in Carrots and set aside.
* In a food processor, process the Sugar, and Eggs for about 20 seconds. With the machine running, slowly pour in the Vegetable Oil through the feed tube and let run for another 20 seconds.
* Pour Wet Mixture in with the Dry Mixture and mix well with a spatula.
* Place Liners into a muffin tin and Scoop Batter into the Muffin Liners (I use my cookie dough scooper for this).
* Bake for 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes our clean.
* Lift each cupcake out and place on a cooling rack.
* At this point I add Golden Raisins and Chopped Walnuts to the remaining batter. The reason for this is because some of my family likes their cupcakes plain and some like them with raisins and nuts, so I usually make the first 12 cupcakes plain and the last 12 with the raisins and nuts.Everyone can be satisfied then! :)
* While the cupcakes are cooling, go ahead and make the Frosting.
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
* 12 oz of Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese
* 6 TBSP. of Unsalted Butter at room temperature
* 1 TBSP. of Vanilla Extract
* 4 Cups of Sifted Powdered Sugar
* In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter on medium high speed until smooth.
* Mix in the Vanilla Extract
* Slowly beat in the Powdered Sugar, increase the speed and beat until smooth.
* Once the cupcakes are fully cooled you can go ahead and spread the cream cheese on top!