The Course Menu appears on the left side of your course window. It is the cornerstone for the organization and navigation of your course. You create links on the Course Menu to present tools and materials to your students. You can customize its appearance and order the links.
Adding a Content Area
Above the Course Menu are several action buttons. The Add Menu Item button () is used to add new content areas and tool links.
- Point to the Add Menu Item button.
- Select Content Area from the drop-menu.
- Provide a name for the content area, which will be displayed on the button within the Course Menu. Select "Available to Users" to ensure that the area is visible to students. Click Submit to finalize the process.
- To rename, hide, or delete the content area, click the Options button and select the appropriate action.
Adding a Tool Link
- To add a tool link, such as a link to the Email tool area, point to the Add Menu Item button.
- Select Tool Link from the drop-down menu.
- Provide a name of the link, such as Email. Next, select the appropriate tool type. Select "Available to Users" to ensure that the link is visible to students.
- Click Submit to finalize creation.
Ordering the Course Menu
Buttons on the course menu can be reordered by drag-and-drop placement. To the left of each menu button is an up-down arrow. Placing your mouse over one of the bi-directional arrows changes your cursor to a four-pointed cursor.