- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until combined. Add the butter and toss with a fork to coat with the flour mixture. Mix on medium-low speed until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal, with the butter pieces no larger than small peas. Add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times, gradually adding additional flour as needed. With floured hands, press or pat dough into a 3/4-inch-thick rectangle (about 9 x 5 inches). Sprinkle top of dough with additional flour. Fold dough over onto itself in 3 sections, starting with 1 short end. (Fold dough rectangle as if folding a letter-size piece of paper.) Repeat entire process 2 more times, beginning with pressing into a 3/4-inch-thick dough rectangle (about 9 x 5 inches).
- Press or pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut with a 3-inch round cutter, and place, side by side, on a parchment paper-lined or lightly greased jelly-roll pan.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
- While biscuits are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, salt and milk. Spread on warm biscuits before serving.
Yields: 8 Biscuits
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com