OpenStreetMap Foundation

Communications Working Group Meeting

   

13th June 2011,

21:00- GMT (22:00 - CET)

Dial-in

AGENDA & MINUTES

Present: Richard Weait, Oliver Kühn, Harry Wood, Hurricane Coast

Apologies: Absent: Charlotte

Responsible for OSMF newsletter input:

Public to newsletter

1

Adoption of previous minutes

Minutes of 6th June 2011:

https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/d/1D-HAs9P-toVG4N2S2hc_rTdbux3H96pDJaSoypQ3MuE/edit?hl=en_GB&authkey=CPL964YG

Propose: Richard Weait

Seconded:  Harry Wood

None opposed

[ ]

2

Matters Arising:

[ ]

3

Finalise agenda for this call.

[ ]

4

Any other business

none

[ ]

4.1

Membership emailing

Henk and Michael Collinson have successfully restarted the membership reminder emailing.  We’re happy with the text they’re sending out as renewal reminders. No reason not to expect Micheal Collinson to do a great job of that stuff. Oliver reports they’re making progress with installing/using CRM system stuff for memberships.

ACTION ITEM Richard blog. ”apologies. hopefully you’ve received email about payment”. blog post.   In progress

4.3

skins & themes update

Harry removed duplication for ”FAQ”. done as a plain link http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/FAQ  plus de-linking from navigation

ACTION ITEM:  Harry will investigate redirects and restructuring of the site to allow wordpress to host key content pages (and translations), but without the blog prefix

Henk reports that pre-tags cause log files to run of the page on the wiki site.  

ACTION ITEM:  Harry will figure out different wikisyntax and get back to Henk

[ ]

4.4

Developing copy for foundation site

‘Working Group Minutes’ page consistency problem. Reformatting needed. Decided to leave till later.

[ ]

Ongoing review of http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Talk:FAQ 

Decided some of the drafted question entries are ready to go live, others not necessary

ACTION ITEM: Richard to record those decisions on the wiki talk page

4.6

Blog translations

Oliver and Harry fired some translation tasks at Micheal Shultz and DBegin

4.7

Blog post about “management meetings” restructuring

New “management meetings” idea. Working groups to have a chair participate in a new management meeting. This replaces regular board meetings. Harry will be chair of CWG.

Renaming of technical working group.

ACTION ITEM: Need a blog post about these things. Richard will do this

ACTION ITEM:  Harry. Join the foundation!!!

5

Next meeting.

Monday 20th June 2010,  2100BST, 2200CET, 1600EDT, 2000UTC 1400MDT

[ ]