Whiskey and Roasted Mushroom Pasta
24 oz sliced Crimini Mushrooms
Salt and Pepper
1 Onion, thinly sliced
1 cup White Wine
3/4 cups Whiskey
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1 pound Penne Pasta
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Get a pot of water boiling on the stove, so it is ready for your pasta.
2) Spread the mushrooms on a lined baking sheet. Lightly coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes.
3) Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add the onion that you thinly sliced.
Saute until they start to turn translucent.
4) Pour in the wine and whiskey. Heat until it begins to lightly bubble, then add the broth.
Let that reduce for a few minutes.
5) Meanwhile, take the mushrooms out of the oven. They should be tender and golden.
6) Add the cream and lower the heat. Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Lightly simmer until the sauce thickens a bit.
7) After a few minutes, add your cooked pasta.
8) Stir to coat. Serve with parmesan cheese and fresh cracked pepper on top.