THE CHIMES // Video Producer
Applications due via email to Melissa Hedrick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Label each page with your name, major, phone, email and year.
- What kind of experience in journalism and film do you have that you feel will assist you in being the video producer? (Please list all coursework that is applicable, high school newspaper experience, Chimes experience, and job related experience).
- What is your projected date of graduation? (Only students graduating May 2015 and later will be considered, as the position is one year in length.)
- How familiar are you with taking journalistic videos as opposed to scripted films?
- Describe your leadership style and skills. (The video producer is in charge of three videographers.)
- Do you feel comfortable giving “orders” to videographers? Are you flexible enough to take assignments at the last minute?
- What is your vision/goal for the site visually?
- This position will take 10-15 hours of your week, with some work every day and some on weekends. Does this work with your class schedule, and can you handle the time commitment? (Please fill out your anticipated work schedule on the attached sheet).
- How familiar are you with Final Cut Pro, iMovie and Adobe Flash? Describe experience with other technologies that would assist you in this position.
- Do you have trouble staying organized, being on time or remembering assignments and deadlines?
- Please submit a CD portfolio of your five best videos, or submit a link to your website, if you have one, with at least five videos. YouTube or Vimeo links are also acceptable.
- What kind of equipment do you own or have access to?
- Include a brief letter of recommendation from a faculty member familiar with you and your work.
- Attach at least three samples. Published works are acceptable, or videos made for journalism/PR courses.
- Interviews will be scheduled individually, and we will go over your portfolio. Make sure your contact information is located at the top of your application.