Makes about 35 cookies
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose baking flour
* 1 1/2 cups vegan sugar
* 1/4 cup arrowroot
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 cup canola oil
* 1/2 cup applesauce
* 2 Tb vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, arrowroot, baking soda and salt.
3. Mix in the canola oil, applesauce and vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula until fully incorporated.
4. Drop the dough by the teaspoon onto the prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges are browned and the center is cooked through.
6. Let stand on the baking sheets for 15 minutes before serving.