Backing up Moodle ISU Course Data Moodle ISU
The Moodle ISU backup utility creates a compressed backup file of the contents of your Moodle ISU course. The backup file can then be saved on your computer or an external storage device. Backup files can be used to restore course material to the Moodle server when needed.
This guide will help you to:
Backup Your Course
- In the My Courses area, Click on the Course Title of the course you wish to backup.
- In the Administration block, under Course administration, Click on Backup.
- On the Backup settings page, make sure only these three options are checked: Include activities, Include blocks, and Include filters. For backing up IMS Common Cartridge contact the ITRC.
- Click the Next button, located on the right at the bottom of the page, to continue.
- Check the check-boxes next to the resources you want included in the backup file.
- Click the Next button, located at the bottom of the page, to continue.
- On the next page you will see the backup filename, settings and included items.
Hot Tip: You can change the backup filename in the Filename area. Make sure to include “.mbz” at the end of the file name. ie: CourseBackUp_Fall2011.mbz
- Click the Perform backup button, located at the bottom of the page, to continue.
- Once the backup has been “successfully created,” Click the Continue button.
- In the course backup area, Locate the backup file you just created.
- Click the Download link to save the file to your computer.
- In the pop up window, Choose Save File.
- Click OK and Browse to where you would like to save the file.
- Click the Save button.
For instructions on how to restore a course backup, please see the Restoring Course Data.
For more information please visit http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Course_backup
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.