Mistakes in Meiosis Notes
- Create a post on edublogs called “Mistakes in Meiosis” with the following tags: chromosomes, mutations, meiosis, gametes, and non-disjunction.
- Copy an paste the following questions into your blog post.
- Visit the the Mistakes in Meiosis website here to view the tutorial.
- Answer the questions as you watch the animation.
- Meiosis creates ____ __________(haploid/diploid) cells.
- Explain the differences between haploid and diploid cells.
Non-disjunction can occur in meiosis I or meiosis II. In humans when non-disjunction occurs in meiosis I, those cells do not function and cannot be fertilized.
- Explain what the four gametes are like when non-disjunction occurs in a cell with two homologous chromosomes, during meiosis II. (This is animated and drawn for you.)
- How many of the above cells are haploid?
- Define trisomy:
- Describe how non-disjunction affects humans, when it occurs in humans.
- Plants can have multiple sets of chromosomes. What is this called?