Present: Oliver Kühn, Michael Collinson, Grant Slater, Simon Poole
Minutes by: Michael
1. Adoption of Minutes of last meetings
The LWG last met June 5th.
2. MATTERS ARISING (open action items from previous meetings)
- Grant - Get a license and attribution page link as an XML Comment into these APIs: Rails API. (should be complete soon)
- Mike - combine Bing Imagery License comments as a succinct list for forwarding to Microsoft legal.
- Mike - Incorporate into foundation landing page http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/Contributor_Terms_Summary
- Mike - Provide text to Grant re http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright and friends in Sept 20th minutes. ?OS or linking to attribution page or both? … liaise with CWG email@example.com
- Mike - Thank pavel for kindly agreeing to use the bulk of his contributions.
- Grant - DMCA address update
- Grant - We also need to have better set of DMCA-related links to satisfy US / UK / German law.
- Mike - Data imports & reciprocal licenses. Air to Management team and to legal-talk.
3. Finalise today's agenda
4. Technical Rebuild
Progress and issues
Board met last night. Dermot is working a plan to get the rebuild back on track. Andy will be helping with the coding work. We understand that there has been substantial work on the test code and that only 3 are now failing. The main issue is the few number of Ruby experts that we have and other pressures on their time.
http://odbl.poole.ch - Update ongoing. Asia acceptance coverage has improved; Europe a tiny bit.
5. Hall of Shame
- Azzugia - Not discussed, Henk not here.
- Jonathan Klinger reports from Israel that Data.gov.il is an Israeli website that released quite a lot of public information under a public-domain license for the public's use. He has reviewed the brief terms specified in Data.gov.il, they allow free use of the data without any restrictions. The Director for Open Information at the ministry of public services can be contacted if further information is required.
Tuesday June 19th 18:00 UTC / 19:00 BST(UK) / 20:00 CEST