A bio poem is a work that is meant to describe a person in eleven lines. It is a short biography poem that introduces the details of someone's personality traits, current life and future ambitions. They are often used in social settings, such as classrooms, for children to introduce themselves and tell the rest of the class about their lives.
- Lines 1-2
- Line 1 will have your first name. If you prefer, the first line can also be a nickname if you go by something other than your first name. Line 2 will have at least four adjectives that describe you. Think of any words that fit you or your personality.
- Line 3
- Line 3 will have your familial ties. You can list your immediate or extended family, or the family members who you have close relationships with. The line will begin with your familial ties such as "Son/Daughter of" or "Brother/Sister of," or any family member you choose.
- Line 4
- Line 4 will have any of your favorite things or people. These can be people you know, your hobbies, television shows or books you like or your pets. This is the part of the poem that really shows the details no one would immediately guess, so be creative! Start the line with "Loves" and list at least three favorite things.
- Line 5
- Line 5 will start with "Who feels" and give three emotions or feelings you encounter on a regular basis. This line is also a chance to be creative and show people details of your life that they wouldn't immediately see for themselves. List at least three feelings or emotions for this line.
- Line 6
- Line 6 will begin with "Who needs" and highlight the things you need in your life. Think about the parts of your life you absolutely could not live without. They can be basic necessities to live such as food or water. However, it is also the chance to be creative and show the things in your life that you feel passionate about. Add at least three things that you need in your life. Who feels happy, magical and fearless
- Line 7
- Line 7 will begin with "Who gives" and reveals more about your personality and the things you like to do on a regular basis. Think about the ways that you give in your life. Do you perform community service regularly? Do you like telling jokes and making people laugh? Both of these factors could be tied in to this particular line. Name at least three things that you give. Who gives time to the church, smiles to her mother and laughter to her friends
- Line 8
- Line 8 begins with "Who fears" and discusses the things you are afraid of. It is an aspect of your life that no one would immediately guess, and this line gives you the chance to share something intimate about yourself. You can either name general fears or go into as much detail as you'd like. List at least three fears. Loves dancing, her dog Rascal and Christmas
- Line 9
- Line 9 begins with "Who would like to" and lists your expectations for the future. Think about the events that you would like to see in the weeks, months or even years to come. You can choose one or several for your poem.
- Lines 10-11
- Line 10 begins with "Resident of" and should give the city where you currently live. The poem should then be ended with line 11, which will be your last name.