S’more Nut Bars
- 2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 7 1/2 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 7 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (60 to 72% cacao), coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 large marshmallows, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup lightly salted whole peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Butter sides and bottom of a 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. Add butter. Use your hands to combine the mixture, then turn out into the prepared pan. Using your hands, press the crust into an even layer along the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to make the crust perfectly even.
- Bake the crust 10 to 15 minutes , or until the crust is golden brown. Remove pan from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- In a large heatproof bowl, toss the chocolate chips together. Drizzle the corn syrup over the chocolate and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the heavy cream just to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate mixture. Let stand 2-3 minutes. Starting in the middle of the bowl and working your way out to the edges, whisk the chocolate mixture in a circle until completely smooth. Fold in marshmallows and the whole peanuts. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly using an offset spatula. Sprinkle top with chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours, or until set. Cut into 24 squares and serve.
Note: bars will keep in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to 3 days.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com