- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110 degrees)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 medium orange rind, grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the water, yeast and sugar; let rest 10 minutes until foamy.
- Add milk, egg, butter, sugar, salt, and flour to the yeast mixture and mix with the dough hook on medium-low until thoroughly combined, about 10 minutes
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Let rest ten minutes. Divide dough into 16 balls. Roll each ball into a 9-inch rope. Tie in a loose knot. Roll each knot in melted butter and then in rind/sugar mixture. Place on a large parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let double in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden. Remove from pan and place on cooling rack. Brush with citrus glaze, serve warm.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com