JOB DESCRIPTION: Quant Infrastructure Specialist, SAC MultiQuant (New York City)
The Quant Operations group manages all aspects of onboarding new quant trading teams and deployments of new trading strategies. The team also liaises with external counter-parties on behalf of trading teams. General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete project lifecycle management to allow new groups to trade as quickly as possible
- Design research and trading solutions that meet trading group requirements and adhere to firm standards
- Educate trading groups on SAC operating procedures and integration with SAC technology
- Coordinate new strategy rollout projects with SAC Technology, Operations, Legal, Compliance and Risk groups as well as with third-parties such as Brokers, Exchanges and Vendors.
- Provide day-to-day support for various operational procedures such as broker data management and compliance monitoring
The person in this role must have a strong technical background as well strong project management skills and experience with day-to-day trading operations. Should have a good understanding of global market structure and electronic trading systems and have familiarity with trading rules and regulations. In addition to strong technical skills, the candidate must have excellent communication/interpersonal skills and the strong ability to work as a team member or independently and to work with external and internal counter parties. Familiarity with research and market data sources is a strong plus.
- This is a highly selective position. The ideal candidates will have a strong combination of software development skills, expertise in project management, and finance background.
- A BS or MS in finance, statistics, math, engineering or computer science is strongly preferred along with 5 years of work experience.
- Must have the ability to independently manage multiple long-term and short-term projects simultaneously while working under very tight project deadlines.
- Ability to communicate via producing documentation at all levels
- Working experience of one of the Linux/Unix scripts. Perl, bash, and etc.
- Working experience with Linux/Windows Operating Systems and distributed storage solutions. Must be familiar with industry standards of server and storage hardware.
- Working experience of C++/Java programming
- Strong experience with SQL and database design is a plus.
- Our trading focuses on systematic trading in liquid instruments (to wit: global equities, futures and FX). Candidates with specific work experience and knowledge of market regulations in these areas will be strongly preferred.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org