PRAIRIE RIDGE PTO MINUTES
July 23 Meeting
PRESENT: Sheila Keltsch, Nikki Ridderbos, Ryan Boucher, Darlene Burch-Clark, Suzi Barbrick
Meeting: 10:30AM - 12:30PM
Welcome and Introductions: Sheila Keltsch
- President’s Report: presented by Sheila Keltsch
- Met with Mrs. Spencer concerning the playground equipment that is needed. Items included a table and benches, teatherball, and a ball catch. The money will come out of the funds provided by the Rotary Club. Mrs. Spencer wants a video camera. A motion was called and approved to spend up to $500 for a video camera. Ryan will talk with Mrs. Spencer to determine what camera will work best for their needs.
- Meeting times to change. The meeting times on Monday conflicts with another meeting Mrs. Spencer has. We will change the meeting times to the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 6:00. The next meeting will be September 14th.
- Old Business
- Key Cards/Coupon Books - We will purchase 50 books for $5 each. We will sell them for $10. They will expire in March and then we can get more books for $10 each that expire in another year.
- Upcoming Events
- Ice Cream Social August 30, 5-7. Volunteers are needed for this event. The PTO volunteers had to bring their own ice cream scoops before so Ryan called for a motion to purchase up to 6 scoops with a limit of $50. The motion was approved.
- 1st day of School Welcome. We will have the first day of school coffee and donuts again. We need 10-15 volunteers to help the children off the bus and find their class the each day for the first week of school.
- Other Thoughts
- Need to update the website and brochure with new PTO board members and meeting times
- Ryan will offer email training session on the Prairie Ridge PTO google email & document system ½ hour before the next meeting.
- We need to set a date for the fundraiser. A motion was called and approved to spend $500 dollars for the down payment for the fun run fundraiser. The date of the fundraiser needs to be confirmed with the school to check with the school calendar before making the down payment.
- Budget Review
- Each line item of the budget was reviewed and discussed. The board came to an agreement on the budget for the 2001-2012 school year. The budget was approved by all the Board Members. Internally the board can access the budget spreadsheet here https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArJ8cSIURc1-dHBJbllVdXU3b1VVN0t0cUs0bGRCUnc&hl=en_US . After the board approves the minutes, the budget and meeting minutes will be published to our website.