S'More Granola Bars
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (or crushed digestive biscuits)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-by-9-inch square baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats and coconut. Spread onto a sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt and ground cinnamon.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a boil. Cook and stir for a minute, then pour over the oatmeal mixture, stir well making sure all the dry ingredients are coated with the butter mixture.
- Press half of the mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan using a small piece of parchment paper. Let cool 5-10 minutes. Once the mixture has cooled, evenly sprinkle with the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Top with the remaining crust mixture and press gently.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack for 20 minutes. Cut into squares and store at room temperature.
Yields: 16 - 2 inch squares
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com