Before you can grade with a rubric, it must be associated with an assignment. Gradable rubrics can be associated with:
- Essay, short answer, and file response test questions
- Blogs and Journals
- Discussion Board threads and forums
To Grade with a Rubric:
- Access the attempt to be graded through the Grade Center or the Needs Grading page.
- Click View Rubric to review or begin grading with the associated rubric.
- In Grid View, click a cell to apply that point value to the grade. If a rubric with point ranges has been used, select the desired value from the drop-down list. To change the selection, click another cell in the same row. Optionally, type Feedback to the student in the text box that appears when a cell is selected.
- Optionally, click List View to switch displays, and select a radio button for each criterion to apply that point value to the grade. Optionally, select the boxes to Show Descriptions for criteria and to Show Feedback text boxes.
- A running Raw Total score will be displayed as point selections are made. Optionally, type a score in the Change the number of points box to override the selected score, and type overall Feedback to the student using the full features of the included text editor.
Note: The Raw Total displays the score rounded to two decimal places.
- When grading is complete, click Exit to leave the rubric without saving any selections, or Save to save the score and feedback and return to the attempt. Click Save and Next to use another associated rubric for evaluation.