4. Visual Programming: Kodu - 1st Year/Year 7 (10-12 lessons)
- To understand what visual programming is
- To learn how to use the Kodu programming language
- To develop problem solving skills.
- You will produce a game in Kodu
- Computer game documentation
- An evaluation using feedback from your peers
- Using the video tutorials and what you have been taught in class, create a world that contains (minimum):
- Basic terrain
- Create a game that (minimum):
- Allows a user to control a character
- Create characters that follow a path
- Create a game that allows the user to score points
- Allows the user to collect items
- Once you have met the minimum requirements above try to make your game more complicated
- Produce documentation that includes:
- Well presented evidence of your game
- Annotated screenshot explaining your code
- Ask your friends what they think of your game
- Fully evaluate your work using your own opinion and feedback
- What do your friends think?
- What do you like about your game?
- What don’t you like about it?
- What would you do to improve?
Click below for the presentation used in class:
Visual Programming: Kodu