THE CHIMES // Web Producer
Applications due via email to Melissa Hedrick at email@example.com.
Label each page with your name, major, phone, email and year.
- Why are you interested in helping with The Chimes Online?
- What is your projected date of graduation? (Only students graduating May 2015 and later will be considered, as the position is one year in length.)
- What kind of experience do you have that you feel will assist you in being the web producer? (Please list all coursework that is applicable, high school newspaper experience, Chimes experience, and job-related experience.)
- What is your vision for the site? What improvements would you make to the site or the work flow?
- What sets web content apart from print content?
- The Chimes is a web-first publication, meaning stories must be generated and edited every day. How would you handle a job that is somewhat constant and unpredictable?
- Describe your leadership style, skills and experience.
- This position will take 10-15 hours of your week, with some work every day of the week. Does this work with your class schedule, and can you handle the time commitment? (Please fill out your anticipated work schedule on the attached sheet.)
- How familiar are you with web design, Wordpress, Google Docs and other web programs?
- What is your vision for the Chimes’ social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)?
- How “techie” are you when it comes to the web?
- How comfortable are you answering to multiple editors?
- What creative efforts would you make to promote the site among students, alumni, parents, etc.?
- How comfortable are you with copy editing? How familiar are you with AP style?
- Attach at least two writing samples. Published works/articles are acceptable, or articles written for journalism/PR courses. Also, submit any video or multimedia work samples you have.
- Include a faculty recommendation from someone familiar with you and your writing.
- Interviews will be scheduled individually. Make sure your contact information is located at the top of your application.