- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups jasmine rice, washed and drained well
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 2 limes, juice from 1 lime and grated zest of the other lime
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar and salt, stirring until dissolved. Increase heat to high, add rice and stir until rice is evenly coated. Add coconut milk and water, stirring until combined. Squeeze one of the limes into the mixture then throw the squeezed lime into the rice. Add cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil and cover pot. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Remove pot from heat but do not open lid. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, toast the coconut by spreading onto a rimmed sheet pan. Toast in a 350°F oven, stirring frequently, until the coconut is an even brown color, about 10 minutes.
- Remove lime and cinnamon stick before serving. To serve, sprinkle rice with lime zest and toasted coconut.
Yields: 4 to 6 servings
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com