Sweet Potato Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Sweet Potato Bar:
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the eggs, sugar, oil and sweet potato on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Hand mix the dry ingredients into the sweet potato mixture until just combined. Do not overmix. Spread the batter into the prepared 13 by 9-inch baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled sweet potato bars.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com