The symbol picker tool offers easy entry of complex characters not found on standard U.S. keyboard layouts. Using the symbol picker, you can add Greek, mathematical, scientific, and various other symbols using mouse clicks, rather than memorizing complicated keyboard combinations.
To access the symbol picker:
- Access the text box editor, such as by creating an item, posting on the discussion board, or creating an assignment.
- Select the Symbol Picker button on the textbox editor toolbar.
- If there is only one bar of tool buttons visible, click on the Show More Button on the far right.
- Select the desired symbol in the symbol picker pop-up window.
- The selected symbol will appear in the text box at the location of your cursor.